There are plenty of times in this blog that I am going to give long winded explanations of topics to help you to have a long and successful career in a public accounting firm’s tax department. But it is important to keep in mind that preparing tax returns is only a job.
As John Lennon once said,
If you don’t like how its going at your current firm then you have three options:
- Stay miserable.
- Figure out what needs to change at your current firm to make you happy and make it happen (or get help to make it happen).
- Start the process of moving to another firm.
If you still can’t find your way out of tax season and the seemingly unending road of public accounting life then try the following songs by Billy Joel
If you found this post helpful please consider sharing this post with your friends on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Thanks.
Latest posts by Bill Meador, CPA, JD (see all)
- Learn How CPA Firms View a Gap in Your Resume - October 31, 2014
- Work in a CPA Firm Tax Department? Plan for Change. - October 20, 2014
- Accounting LIONs - September 29, 2014